Do You Need A Cosmetic Dentist? Let Us Be Your Ultimate Choice
Cosmetic Dentistry is so much more than simply aesthetics. It’s renewal. It can be life changing and improve the quality of life for many people who have undergone insurmountable trauma or sickness. At Reconstructive Dentistry, we not only aim to improve your smile but give you a reason to smile again. Our compassionate, highly motivated, and our extensively trained team is dedicated to helping you find your smile. And keep you smiling!
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Colgate defines it as “a method of professional oral care that focuses on improving the appearance of your mouth, teeth, and smile”. Although cosmetic dental procedures, more often than not, are elective, there are instances in which the health benefits of cosmetic dentistry are restorative in nature. There are many procedures that will improve your overall appearance, and restore your smile to its intended beauty. We offer many cosmetic and restorative dental services from porcelain veneers to bridges, to dentures to dental implants.
How To Find The Right Cosmetic Dentist For You
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Cosmetic Dentistry is like a fine art. It’s crucial to find a cosmetic dentist who will work with you according to your overall needs and desires. Here is a list of criteria to keep in mind when choosing your cosmetic dentist:
- Ask For Referrals – Talk to people you know and trust who have had cosmetic dental procedures.
- Check Credentials – It’s incredibly important that you know your cosmetic dentist is qualified on many levels.
- Ask About Continuing Education – It is essential that a dentist pursues post-graduate training in cosmetic dentistry to continue their mastery and expertise in their field.
- Years Practiced in Cosmetic Dentistry – In addition to education and hands-on training, it is important to know how long a dentist has been practicing cosmetic dentistry and how much of their time is devoted solely to practicing it.
- Ask to See Before & After Photos – Ask to see examples of cosmetic dental work. Many dentists post before and after photos in online galleries.
- Take Time During the Consultation – Take time to list your concerns and expectations, allowing your dentist to explain and discuss options. Communication is vital when it comes to your relationship.
- Make Sure You’re Comfortable – It all boils down to how comfortable you feel with the staff and practice. If you are at ease and feel as though you are valued, you will have a wonderful experience and a trusting relationship with your cosmetic dentist.
We have an excellent team of qualified and caring cosmetic dentists here for you. Dr. Farhad Vahidi, D.M.D. along with Dr. Mary Kang D.D.S. and Dr, Grace Kim, D.D.S. have decades of experience and training, along with an impressive list of credentials.
In addition to working with us in our office, Dr. Kang is a clinical assistant professor in the Ashman Department of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry at NYU. And, Dr. Kim actively attends continuing education courses because it is her goal to treat all her patients with the greatest quality of care. It is her passion to make people look and feel great.
It’s time for you to stop wondering what to do about your concerns and contact us for a consultation at (212)753-7000.